Congratulations on your engagement! Now you are ready for an engagement session, and if you are like most brides-to-be, you want some images that sizzle! Check out these tips to make some HAWT St. Louis engagement photos!
- Dress for the season. Think about the season as you prepare for your e-session. If it’s summer, make sure to dress appropriately so you and your fiancé aren’t getting sweat stains and red faces during the session. If it’s in winter, wear bright colors so you don’t blend into the snow. Just be aware of these things so you are comfortable and your photos will look the best they can be. Also remember that St. Louis weather changes frequently, so plan ahead.
- Choosing the best session time. In the morning and later in the evening are the best times for a session because of the amazing ‘golden hour’ lighting. If you have a session at noon, the lighting is harsh and your photos will ultimately suffer.
- Prepare yourself. Make a list of everything you need for your session – brush, lipstick, extra clothes, accessories, etc. Put them in the car and be ready to go. Along with that, get directions and a GPS, or your handy dandy smart phone, and program in the address of the session. You don’t want to get lost and cause unnecessary stress. Leave with plenty of time to spare.
- Get hyped!. This is also part of preparing yourself. If you’re excited, it can’t help but rub off on your fiancé. He or she loves you and gets excited when you’re excited. Your significant other can’t help but get excited, too. So build up the hype and let him or her know how important this is to you and how fun it will be.
- Relax. Do not, I repeat, do not, stress out about this. This is fun! It is easy to worry about what you’re going to look like, if the weather cooperates, etc., but the more you stress, the more likely you’ll read stiff or uncomfortable on camera. The more relaxed you are, the better your photos will be. Do what you can to prepare for the session and leave the rest up to me. That’s what I’m here for, so just take a breath and relax. Hey, maybe this is a prime excuse to spring for that massage?
Are you ready for an amazing engagement session? Contact me today and let’s make you some HAWT St. Louis engagement photos.
Trying to decide what to wear? I gotchu.